Can you be black and proud and support other races at the same time? Yes! The goal is elevation rather than separation. Understanding and embracing “diversity” isn’t just for white people. Everyone on the planet can benefit from it and use some brocaded understanding on the subject, even you. Special thanks to J Brodie of the Cloth Talk Podcast for suggesting this topic.
Right now, when we’re hearing so much disturbing and hateful rhetoric, it is so important to remember that our diversity has been – and will always be – our greatest source of strength and pride here in the United States.
– Michelle Obama
- Diversity isn’t limited to just race.
- You can be in a marginalized group and still be a bigot
- You can be black and proud and still support people of other races
- Being a POC doesn’t mean you cannot hold biases against people of other races.
- Embracing different people and diversifying your life is a responsibility we all have, not just white people.
- Harboring unnecessary salt towards white people doesn’t help the black community.
- We don’t want to go back to the 1950s.
Listen:Spotify Google Play Music iTunes Stitcher Radio